fredag 17 april 2009

Hilarious men, fat cops... and a lot of blood... You have made my day!

I have never been very fond of American television programmes. I have never watched an episode of the famous OC and I cannot stand Desperate Housewives. Of course, I have watched a few series, mostly drama and comedy, but I must say that I strongly favour British television programmes. To my opinion, there is no comedy show like Peep Show and British murder series are simply the best!

Peep Show has unfortunately not been broadcast in Sweden, at least not as far as I know. This series is about two guys that live together and they are both quite pathetic. They always start arguing about something, mostly often about women. Nevertheless, their friendship survives everything. What is really fun with this series, though, is the way in which it is filmed. You always see everything through the different characters’ eyes and you can also hear the thoughts of the person through whose eyes you are looking at the moment. I can assure you, if this series would be broadcast in Sweden, I would not miss one episode.

As I wrote above, I like British murder series and two of my favourites are The Chief Inspector Lynley Mysteries and Wire in the Blood. I think I like them since there are strong female characters in both of them. The fact that I like them both very much is quite interesting since they differ a lot from each other. The Chief Inspector Lynley Mysteries is often very simple, and there are often quite clear motives behind the murders. You always get in touch with the murderer on a very early stage and you can be sure that you will be mislead by some strange character that fits in perfectly as the murderer. Wire in the Blood, on the other hand, is always very psychological and often quite scary. You never really know who the murderer is and sometimes you still are not quite sure when the episode has ended. It is always very violent and raw. In spite of those differences, I do like both these series a lot.

Britain has produced a lot of great police characters, and as I talk about them, I cannot keep away from talking about the funniest one ever; Detective Chief Inspector Frost. This fat little guy with his wide, grey moustache and his ugly hat is someone that everyone just has to love! He can seem quite lazy, but there is no mind as sharp as his. And no character in the world has punch lines as funny as his. There is never much blood in this series either, so it is a series that quite young people can watch as well, unlike for example Wire in the Blood.

You can talk about television programmes and series forever. Everyone has their favourites and the ones that they detest. Luckily, there are television programmes for everyone and although many series are quite the same, they all have their own charm.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Maria!
    You have a very good english spelling and grammar. The text flows and it is easy to follow. In my case, I´m very rusty when it comes to both. I agree with you when you say that the English series have something special. I wonder if the reason for that is that we have heard and learned English in school, or that we are closer to the English culture than the American for instance?
    Well they are great anyway. Do you follow the series: Cuplings? Absolutly hilariouse.
    Have a nice weekend
    Imma

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hi Maria!
    I think you are a good writer! You catches the reader right away and I think your text concludes a lot nice and good thoughts about the Tv-series of Great Britain.

    I can see you have been thinking of the tips Marika gave us, to use linking words. You have nice lenght of you paragraphs and I think you have done a good job whit this blogassignment.

    Sorry not to have so much "criticism", but that just means I think you did well. :)
    Keep up the good work with you blog!
    /Sara

    SvaraRadera